Friday, October 24, 2014

C is for Christmas Tree Kitty and Christmas Stories!







C is for Christmas Tree Kitty and Christmas Stories! 
I’ll bet you thought I would say, “C is for cat” this week. Well, duh! That’s not very original, so I thought I’d go one step further and make it a Christmas kitty! Yes, this is I in our Christmas tree, when it was new, two years ago. It’s fun to climb, but instead of upsetting Mom, she started taking pictures, which is a pain, so I try not to be as cute in the tree any more.

Why am I bringing up Christmas? Because my mom has been bugging me all week to share her excitement about her latest story, “Special Assignment,” coming out in the anthology, Christmas Treasures: A Collection of Christmas Short Stories, yet this year. I suppose I should be excited, too, as I am her chief inspiration to write. I like to sleep on her lap for hours, so that she won’t get up and leave the computer, though I haven’t been doing my job very well this week. Mom’s been busy and leaving me alone a lot, so I am snubbing her.


Of course, I must mention Mom’s not the only writer in this collection. Here are the other wonderful authors: Joanne SherKarlene Jacobsen, April Strauch, Elaine Stock, Susan Craft, Donna Scofield, Karla Akins, Anne Garboczi EvansKaren C. Prough, Karen Wingate, Linda Glaz, Christina Rich. The collection is being compiled by Patty Wysong, my buddy, Toby the monkey’s, mom. So it has to be good!

This is so embarrassing! I better get an extra
treat for this!
Mom tells me there will be contemporary and historical stories in the lineup, which will make you laugh and cry. For a change, Mom’s is contemporary and a bit fanciful.  If you want something quick to read in the middle of a busy holiday season, or a fun gift to share, then look for Christmas Treasures: A Collection of Christmas Short Stories. We’ll let you know where to purchase it shortly, so stay-tuned!


Do you take time to read at Christmas? And what do you like to read? What does your cat or dog like to read? ;) We positively love your comments, so please leave one!








11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your precious Christmas photos, Lilybits. You made me smile this morning. I've read your mom's story contribution to the anthology and love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess it was worth sharing my embarrassing photos after all. Purrr . . . Mom says she loves your story contribution to the anthology too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, you little sweet-ums… am I making you blush, Lilybits?

      Delete
    3. Ahem, Mom says it's hard to tell under all that fur, but my cheeks feel warm.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Your little kitty reminds me of our first cat when we were newlyweds! Her name was Mr. Scratch N. Bite. Yes, you read that correctly HER name was Mr....because we were told she was a he! Well, when we realized differently, we just kept the name! As for the rest of her name, it was pretty self-explanatory! She went all tasmanian devil on my hubs arm and almost didn't come home with us. Then she liked to nibble on his nose while he was sleeping. Love my cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly, there are moments which Lilybits could be called Miss
      Scratch N. Bite, in fact this past week had several of those
      moments. She likes to lick my nose in the middle of the night
      when she thinks I should be up playing with or feeding
      her, but she doesn't nibble it. :)

      Delete
  3. Lilybits, you are SOOOO adorable in the tree! I don't blame your mom for taking pictures instead of scolding you. She's a VERY smart lady!! (and I'm so happy she's in the anthology!! WOOT!!) You did a good job keeping her at the computer long enough to get that story written. =]

    Toby says HI and wanted me to tell you that if you were here you could've had the piece of lollypop that he accidentally dropped outside his cage his week. (He's generous like that sometimes--especially when something is out of his reach. *eye roll*)

    Merry Christmas! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Miss Patty. I think I'm blushing again. I like to
      think of my mom as well-trained rather than smart. Glad to
      have helped keep her at the computer. Purrr . . .

      More purrs and paw waves to Toby. Tell him thanks for the offer of the lollypop, but to call me if he drops meat or cheese outside the cage--that's what I prefer.

      Delete
  4. Dear Miss Christmas Kitty, We are newbie kitties to the Christmas tree climbing world as this is our first Christmas! Do you have any advice? What if we knock down the tree? Or break an ornament? What then? Please let us know. We want to do it right!
    Love,
    Spook and Janelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Spook and Janelle,
      Everything literally hangs on your ability to be extra, extra sneaky.
      You wait until no one is looking, so that if you knock things over or
      break an ornament, you can just calmly move to the side, lick your
      paws demurely, and give your mom that innocent wide-eyed look.
      This way you convey, "Did you see the irresponsible jerk who just
      did that? It was probably Jakearoo." Although, if you blame
      Jakearoo I will feel guilty. He's my buddy!
      Love,
      Lilybits

      Delete
  5. Dear Lillibits. What a silly thing to climb a tree. Why don't you come down the tree and let me chase you? I like kitties, I really do. But every time I chase a kitty, my mommy yells at me. She doesn't yell at me very much. BTW, I like the hat, can I play with that too? My mommy is really excited that your mommy has a story in the Christmas anthology. Do you watch your mommy while she writes? Okay, it's time for my humans eat lunch. Signed, Tuesday the Welsh Corgi.

    ReplyDelete