Saturday, September 14, 2013

SATURDAY SPIRITUAL UPLIFT






       
Interview with Paula Mowery

Jeremiah 12:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Since I am at the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference this weekend, I am sharing an interview with my wonderful co-author, Paula Mowery, as she discusses about her spiritually uplifting newly released fiction title, Be the Blessing. Paula Mowery is a pastor’s wife and former homeschool mom. She has always been an avid reader of Christian fiction. She began writing in the area of nonfiction creating three Bible studies which were self-published. However, she crafted fiction stories which she shared with friends and family. When one of her readers encouraged her to pursue publication, she joined American Christian Fiction Writers, learning more about the world of fiction. Her debut work of fiction is a novella published by Harbourlight, a division of Pelican Book Group – THE BLESSING SEER. She is also an acquiring editor for Prism Book Group.

Read more of her writing in her monthly columns at the Christian Online Magazine.

Please tell us about your book, Be the Blessing.

Be the Blessing continues the story, which began in The Blessing Seer. The main character, Addy, is a pastor’s wife who wants to do something of significance for God. In this sequel five years have passed since the last book. Addy learns that God is always adding new facets to a Christian’s character to make them more like Jesus. The only problem is that she discovers that God still uses His children even when they experience struggles.

What prompted you to write this book?

Admittedly, I hadn’t thought about a sequel, but my editor asked me if I thought I might write the next phase after The Blessing Seer. I told her I wasn’t sure, but that night ideas began to come to me. I knew I couldn’t leave Addy’s story where it had ended in The Blessing Seer. She had more to learn.

What kind of encouragement do you hope Be the Blessing will be to your readers?

I hope Be The Blessing will encourage Christians to see that they are always a witness for Christ even in hard times – maybe more during those times. God doesn’t waste any experience we might have. He will teach us, as well as use us to touch others.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us about your writing, Paula?

The one thing I would share about my writing is that I am excited and yet humbled all at the same time that God allows me to write for His glory and share His truths with my readers.

Thank you, Kathy, for hosting me. I’m thrilled God saw fit for us to “meet” and share in writing our anthology, Brave New Century.

Me, too, Paula. Thank you for joining us today. Be the Blessing was released September 13 and is available wherever ebooks are found.

Endorsement for BE THE BLESSING:


"We all wonder why bad things happen to good people. Can God use even the worst events in our lives to help us feed the world around us?Be the Blessing skillfully provides both food for thought and food for discussion." -- Lisa Wingate, national best-selling author of The Sea Glass Sisters and The Prayer Box.


More about the book: Addy Townsend hadn’t strolled with Conrad or had a vision in five years. Now Conrad has returned to challenge her to be a blessing to those around her. The Holy Spirit begins to nudge her into service in new ways and she follows.


But when she is blindsided with personal problems, can Addy learn to be a willing vessel even in times of struggle and suffering?

1 Peter 3:14-16

New Living Translation (NLT)
14 But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their threats. 15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. 16 But do this in a gentle and respectful way.[a] Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ.






No comments:

Post a Comment