Wednesday, November 26, 2014

New Characters to Meet!




Time for some pre-holiday Christmas fun! One of my co-authors of the Christmas Treasures: A Collection of Christmas Short Stories,  Joanne Sher and myself, are introducing favorite characters in our short stories, and I recently had the privilege
of interviewing these special characters.

Christmas Treasures is free on Kindle through the 29th! Find it HERE.


Part of the Job by Joanne Sher
Joanne Sher, author

Favorite character: Mom (like most of them, she doesn't have a name ;) )

Mom loves order, keeping in touch with her family and friends, her husband, all three of her kids, and things going just so. When she sets her mind to something, it WILL get done - often in record time - no matter the distractions.

Questions for your character to answer:

1) Tell us about your favorite Christmas. Why was it your favorite?

As long as the family is there - and there are no surprises - I love every Christmas. I have to say, though, my favorite was just a few years ago, when my youngest was just a couple years old. All the kids woke up at 6 on Christmas morning, and we'd just gotten the presents under the tree a couple hours before - and had fallen asleep in chairs in the living room. They each climbed on our laps to wake us, and we snuggled up and opened presents together. So nice!

2) Do you have a Christmas tradition you look forward to every year?

There is nothing I love more than the annual Christmas card stuffing, stamping and sealing assembly line. It really gets me in the Christmas spirit. Each of the kids, and my wonderful husband, have a role, and it's a great family activity. We break out the Christmas music and work quickly, like a well-oiled machine. The kids pretend to hate it, but I know they're just teasing. I mean, what's not to like? And besides, we're done in just an hour, and we always have hot chocolate afterward.

Special Assignment by Kathleen Rouser

Favorite character: Lucy Meriwether

Lucy Meriwether is a police detective in the suburbs, in her late twenties, who has had her heart badly broken. She seems to lack maternal instincts, but when an orphan is left in her office for the Christmas holiday, she turns protective.

Questions for your character to answer:

1) Tell us about your favorite Christmas. Why was it your favorite?

My favorite Christmas was the year before my dad left us. I was twelve and I have good memories of the five of us being together. Mom and Dad even stopped fighting for a few days. We laughed and joked while we decorated the Christmas tree together. After a candlelight service on Christmas Eve, we picked up Grandma Meriwether, so she could spend the night with us. She gave me the game Clue that year for Christmas and I’ve loved solving mysteries ever since.

2) Do you have a Christmas tradition you look forward to every year?

I used to love making cut out Christmas cookies with my little brother and sister after we wrapped presents. Add Mom’s special hot cocoa to drink with freshly baked cookies and it was such a treat. Sometimes we’d watch a Christmas movie like Miracle on 34th Street too, but it’s been a long time since we’ve been all together. My family has all moved away. It just isn’t the same since we were kids.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me, Kathy - and I can't wait to read about Lucy! This has been a great series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you're welcome. I enjoyed reading your stories.
      I hope you will enjoy mine. :) I appreciate your participation.
      It's been fun to do.

      Delete